Thursday, April 30, 2009

Homemade is BEST!

Here are some more of the pictures I took with my new camera. It's not the most fabulous, high-tech camera, but I think I've taken some pretty good pictureswith it.

This jar of homemade cherry jelly was canned a little over a year ago by my mother-in-law. The cherries are so pretty when they are ripe; they are the small, bright red ones that are tart and sweet at the same time. We went out to the two bushes on the edge of her yard, and spread a huge old bedsheet on the grass around the first bush, and then the second. My three boys and Grandma and I picked cherries for about an hour and a half, eating some and making sure to keep enough for the jelly.

I have a ton of jam & jelly recipes to share with you, but that will come later in the season when it's time to start canning... so get ready!

This is raspberry jam...

Which is another one I love. I also love the color...

The best way to enjoy homemade jam...

Now is the best time to plant strawberries. Mine have almost taken over the entire garden, so I may just let them go and start another garden in another spot of my yard... maybe. My husband liked that idea, because he likes the berries. We will see. I may just transplant some to strawberry planters, so I can add a little height to a vacant area in my flowerbed. I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness .... I want it so badly now!! I keep poking my fork at the screen,,,,but It is not working!!!!!!!
    So waiting for those darn reciepes your gonna share!!!!!!! HURRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry jelly!!! wow it looks yummy.. plus it's so homemade so you know it's fresh.. Too bad we only have canned cherries here in Manila.. Thanks for the follow by the way..=)

    -Mads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - please feel free to comment!