Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good Intentions, and Ramen Noodle Florentine

I've always got the best intentions and grand plans for my blog.  Truth be told, I ran out of gumption, time & sanity during this Christmas baking season to get all of the recipes published that I wanted to.  But who says I can't keep going anyway?  It may seem like a bit out of season, but I will probably keep posting my "Christmas" recipes anyway.  At least until the snow melts.

I started back to school on Monday the 11th.  Yes, I believe I am certifiably insane.  My full-time job (my "real job") has been getting busier lately, and if it's any indication of the way our economy is headed, HALLELUJAH!  Even though that means that there will be less time for blogging and everything else that's not supposed to be considered my "top priority".

If you read this blog regularly, you've probably noticed I haven't been here as often lately.  I've also neglected stopping by the Blogger Coffee Shop.  I do miss out on some things, regretably - however I will still post here as I get time.  Hopefully it will be more often than not.

For now,  here's a quick way I have found to dress up the simplest of side dishes:  Ramen Noodles.  This one's for the college crowd, whether you are eating Ramen Noodles because of budget or time constraints, it can get pretty old just adding water and the flavor packet.  If you aren't doing the school thing and just want to try something new, don't feel left out - anyone can make this one!

Ramen Noodle Florentine

Prepare Ramen according to directions.  Use at least 1/2 the flavor packet or more - to taste.
If you like spinach, add a few leaves of fresh spinach or about 1/4 frozen while cooking.  When the noodles are done, drain off most of the broth, add 2 Tablespoons sour cream, garlic powder to taste and a few shakes of Parmesan cheese (about 2 Tbsp).

Serve alone or with chicken - grilled or broiled is good, chicken from a can will work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please feel free to comment!