Friday, March 5, 2010

Our Relationships With Food

As you may know, in case you've read any of my other blogs, I've gone back to school.  This semester's focus in my writing class is on a topic that might interest readers of this blog:  FOOD.

Yes, this topic does seem rather broad, so what we're really looking at are people's realtionships with food.  I will admit I've learned a lot from the documentaries we've had to watch as research.  Some of it makes me want to turn our entire .28 acre lot into an organic garden, especially after learning more about the ways big agribusinesses have been chemically and genetically modifying our food.  If you want to learn more, just pick up or rent a copy of the documentaries The Future of Food, The World According to Monsanto, or Super Size Me.  You might not want to eat before watching these films.  There are plenty more films on this, which I may reference as I get a chance to watch them.

On that note, I've got some space near a south-facing window that I think I going to use to get my garden seedlings started.  It's warming up here in Minnesota - it's even over 40 degrees F. here today (yay!) and I'm really itching to get my garden started after seeing all the horrible things that are happening to our food supply.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - please feel free to comment!