Tuesday, July 14, 2009

About That Jello Recipe...

As "They" say, there is always room for Jello.

My Mother-in-Law almost always has jello prepared; I believe one could drop in, unannounced, and she would be able to serve a lunch at the drop of a hat that would be inevitably followed by some sort of Jello. One that is my favorite is made with pie filling, and ends up more like a dessert than a fruit salad, so I hesitate to call it such.

2 packages of cherry Jello
2 cans of cherry pie filling
1 tub of Cool Whip or the equivalent of real whipped cream

Prepare the jello according to the directions on the box, using the speed-set method (with ice-cubes). Remove any remaining ice, and thoroughly stir in pie filling. Pour into a 9x13 glass baking dish & refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until fully set-up. Top with Cool Whip & serve or refrigerate until you are ready to.

This one is very easy & can be made a day ahead of time if you are serving a crowd or have a potluck to go to!

2 comments:

  1. My Mom and Mother in Law were both the same way with jello. We had it at every meal. This does sound good, I will give it a try. I made a really cool one for the 4th, it was red, white and blue and no one had a camera. You have to trust me as jello goes, it was cool.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....yumm. I think I like this, I like everything that goes into it. I am going to give this a try. The only thing I am missing is the cool whip and I will pick that up sometime this week. Thanks Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - please feel free to comment!